unSCruz has always welcomed families and we have noticed in recent years that a lot more are participating. This is AMAZING! Due to the influx of so many youngsters, more care is required to make sure that bringing children to our event works for the children, for their parents/guardians, for event staff and for the entire unSCruz community. This policy sets out the guidelines that unSCruz finds necessary to protect the safety of children and the integrity of the event.
The definition of a child (minor) is any person under the age of 18. A parent or guardian must be at least 18 years old, and must have filled out the Child Registration Form .
Parents/guardians bringing children must complete a Child Registration Form and must be able to contact/supervise their children at all times during the event.
Children under the age of 13 MUST BE DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES.
ALL MINORS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST BE PHYSICALLY ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT IN RAINBOW TRIKE TRACK AND IN THE FIRE ARENA AT ALL TIMES.
If you are coming to unSCruz with a child or children, you must fill out the child registration form. After filling out the registration form you will receive a confirmation email with an attached PDF—print the PDF. Bring the printed and completed registration form for each child with you to unSCruz as well as a clear photo of each individual child (no group photos, individual photos only). Staple the photo to the child registration form. Give the form for each child, with the attached photo of each child, to the gate crew when you arrive.
Due to the influx of so many youngsters, more care is required to make sure that bringing children to our event works for the kids, their parents/guardians, event staff and the entire unSCruz community.
If you are coming to unSCruz with a child or children, you must fill out the child registration form. After filling out the registration form you will receive a confirmation email with an attached PDF—print the PDF. Bring the printed and completed registration form with you to unSCruz as well as a photo of each child. Give the form and a photo of each child to the gate crew.
- Responsibility of Parents. Parents/guardians are always responsible for their children’s safety and for their children’s actions. Any damage caused by children is the responsibility and liability of the parents. While unSCruz can be a fun family event it is not a daycare. It is the responsibility of a child’s parents or guardians (at all times) to ensure their child is both reasonably cared for and behaving appropriately.
- Children under 13. Children under the age of 13 MUST BE DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY A PARENT/GUARDIAN AT ALL TIMES.
- Connection Between Parents and Children. Parents/guardians must always be able to locate and get to their children at all times. How this is done is up to the guardian: they can be physically watching their child, their child can be with another responsible adult who has a phone, their child can have a phone that they are capable of using, or any other reasonable measure. If you’re using phones, the parent or guardian has the responsibility to ensure the phone is charged and has a signal. If at any time a parent loses the ability to locate their child, the parent must come to the Rangers and report their child as lost. The Rangers will reunite them.
- Wristbands. Children at unSCruz must also always be able to find their guardians at all times, and all children must have their guardians’ phone number written on their wrist, either on a wristband or directly on their skin, for the entirety of the event. Children have special wristbands.
- Children age 0-5 wear a red wristband and must be directly attended by a parent/guardian in close physical proximity at all times.
- Children age 6-12 wear a yellow wristband and must be under the direct, visual supervision of a parent/guardian at all times.
- Children age 13-17 wear a green wristband.
- Unsupervised Children. If the Rangers observe that a child is not being properly taken care of at the event, or that a child’s behavior is causing significant problems for the event, the Rangers will work out an appropriate response. This will start with a conversation with the parents/guardians, and may involve further actions, up to and including expulsion from the event.
- Acknowledgement of Rules. Parents or guardians bringing children to the event must sign a Child Registration Form indicating they have read and understood these rules. This form shall include the names of all relevant parents or guardians, as well as the names of their children.
ABSOLUTELY NO UNATTENDED MINORS ARE ALLOWED AT
THE RAINBOW TRIKE TRACK
IN THE FIRE ARENA
All children must be reachable by at least one parent/guardian at all times.