Supporting the spread of the Burning Man community in our Region (Santa Cruz and neighboring Counties) is, always has been, and always will be the primary mission. Foremost in this goal is to sponsor Burning Man-style events locally such as unSCruz, while abiding by the 10 principles of Burning Man:
- Radical Inclusion: Accept all the freaks, cuz everyone is interesting in their own way! unSCruz celebrates being a radically inclusive regional burning man event and strives to be a safe space for all.
We welcome all genders, expressions, orientations, races, ethnicities, creeds, faiths (or no faith), lifestyle choices, etc. and does not tolerate any hate speech or behavior that demeans, dehumanizes, ridicules, or alienates others.
- Gifting: Give freely to others without the expectation of getting anything in return.
- Decommodification: No damn corporations, or transactions, or advertising allowed, all that occurs here shall be of noble and altruistic purpose!
- Radical Self-reliance: Don’t force us to look out for your sorry ass, we wanna have fun too! Bring everything you need.
- Radical Self-expression: Express yourself you freakin’ weirdo!
- Communal Effort: Pitch in, be a good lad or lass, help out for fuck sake, make your community proud!
- Civic Responsibility: Ensure you keep the local authorities happy, follow the laws, and make sure your crew knows the damn rules so we can keep doing this!
- Leaving No Trace: Pick up after yourself, don’t be a litterbug!
- Participation: Don’t just stand there, do something! This isn’t a TV show or movie, it involves you doing something! Be brave, get involved. Do you remember how to play?
- Immediacy: The time is now, the place is here. Be present, make the most of the now!